The UK Government focus on buy-to-let landlords has changed dramatically over the last few years. The landscape is changing but there are still opportunities open to executives and entrepreneurs that want to diversify their investment portfolio. We have found that there are still a number of reasons why property investment is still the number one driver to increase an individual’s net worth in London while helping to establish homes for the next generation of property investors.
6 Reasons, why the strategic person will invest in London
- Increase in the number of Distressed properties – current landlords experiencing a squeeze on their cash flow
- Prime London assets declining in value with an opportunity to negotiate below market value
- Empty properties increasing
- No planning permission to convert commercial to residential particularly with lack of housing for young professionals
- A number of global companies are making London their HQs which require housing for new employees
- More sellers are open to JV opportunities with investors