On this podcast episode our guest is Paul Moore, Managing Partner at Wellings Capital. After Three successful developments, including assisting with the development of a Hyatt hotel and a very successful multifamily project, this led Paul to start Wellings Capital. Paul is the author of The Perfect Investment – Create Enduring Wealth from the Historic Shift to Multifamily Housing (2016). Paul also co-hosts a wealth-building podcast called How to Lose Money, is a featured guest on numerous real estate podcasts, and is a regular author for Bigger Pockets. Paul is married with 4 children and lives in Central Virginia in the USA.
Episode 28 of the Property Business Club Podcast
1. You went from $2 million in the bank to $2.5 million in debt a decade later during the recession. How did you end up debt-free 13 months later? ( you say you “gave” your way out of debt talk us through how you did this)
2. Tell us about your Big Why, and why everyone needs to have one.
3. After a life as a serial entrepreneur, starting 20+ businesses in as many years, why did you end up devoting your life to multifamily investing?
4. You named your book “The Perfect Investment.” You told me offline that there are times when the perfect investment isn’t really perfect at all. Why would you say that?
5. How do multifamily investors “partner” with the IRS to reap significant profits while paying virtually no taxes?
6. (Let’s have some fun on the show…) You are a prolific writer for BiggerPockets.com, the world’s premier real estate investor website. I read a few of your articles, and you seem obsessed with semi-boneless ham. What’s the story on that?
7. How and why did you get involved in fighting human trafficking and rescuing its victims?